About Glenmark Aquatic Foundation
Glenmark Aquatic Foundation (GAF) is a non profit initiative by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Limited. The Foundation aims to promote the sport of swimming and produce International podium finishes for India.
Established in 2014, GAF envisages to create and sustain an ecosystem which provides swimmers with all required support to excel.
- In order to achieve the set goal, GAF focuses on the following aspects
- Creating a facility with top class infrastructure
- Experienced Mentors and coaches
- A coaches mentoring program to improve standard of coaching in India through global partnerships
- Partnerships with stakeholders including federations, Sports Authority of India and International organizations like American Swimmers Coaches association (ASCA)
- Sponsorship of National Events
- Support for upcoming swimmers
In a nutshell Glenmark Aquatic Foundation is working on a long term plan to promote competitive swimming as well as provide an ecosystem which is suited best to nourish and encourage young swimmers to achieve their best and bring glory to the Nation.